Wednesday 1 March 2017

Pinacosaurus Strikes Again


This is another brilliant illustration made by people who have been looking at my Pinacosaurus post: here.
 This is made by the amazing Kutchicetus-Minimus - I would highly recommend taking look at this DeviantArt profile: here. This intepretation is really cool, and quite cute I think. What I love about it is its barbed, woodpecker-like tongue, which looks perfect for scooping up ants. Also notice the speculative integument noticeable on its underside.
I find it quite interesting how this and another person have made Pinacosaurus look quite cute and endearing, where as in my version, I turned it into some kind of snotty, ugly, goat-eyed demon.

  
I've really enjoyed everybody's art based on my Pinacosaurus post, anybody else who wants to, feel free to do so. I welcome any art inspired by, based on, or reintepreting my ideas!


Well, that's all for now - rest assured I have loads planned. I feel that my paleoart is improving, and I've worked out a good way of doing it - with my previous attempts I'd either not used any skeletal references or had become too focused on the skeleton. I've got lots of ideas and theories that I want to develop, discuss, and draw, and whenever there's some new paleontological news that catches my eye, I'll post it here with my thoughts.
In the upcoming weeks and months you can expect paleoecology stuff, advice to paleoartists on adding more injuries, parasites, and illnesses, as well as a speculative Majungasaurus . . .

Until next time, bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.